Want to use your home to raise money at a competitive APR?
Debt consolidation, home improvement
5 Reasons Why You Should Clear Your Credit Card Debts with a Secured Homeowner Loan
Britain is a nation of borrowers. According to Credit Action, the average household debt in the UK, including mortgages, is £57,789. Britain's interest repayments on personal debt were £66.9 billion in the last 12 months and the average interest paid by each household on their total debt is approximately £2,656 each year.
If you have unsecured loans or credit cards, you may well be paying high rates of interest on your borrowing. It is not unusual for credit cards to carry a fee in excess of 15 to 20 per cent. So, if you want to simplify your financial arrangements and reduce your interest costs, you should consider a secured homeowner loan. Here are five reasons why.
1. Reduce your interest payments
When you take out a secured homeowner loan, the lender takes a legal ‘charge’ over your property. This means that they are secure in the knowledge that they can get their money back should you fail to keep up your repayments.
Lenders can therefore offer secured homeowner loans at a low interest rate. If you are paying a high interest rate on your credit cards then you may be able to reduce the amount you pay by considering a secured homeowner loan.
2. Simplify your finances
Many people have multiple credit cards and unsecured loans with more than one lender. Keeping up with your monthly repayments and ensuring you pay everything that is due can be difficult.
A secured homeowner loan means you can consolidate lots of small debts into one affordable monthly repayment. You’ll have just one direct debit which can really simplify your financial arrangements.
3. Dealing with just one creditor
Multiple loans and credit cards mean multiple creditors. It means a number of direct debits from your bank account and it also means a lot of telephone calls if you have queries or other problems with your accounts.
If you want to save time, then a secured homeowner loan could help you. By consolidating all your credit card debts into one loan payment you will remove the need to speak with multiple creditors. You will have just one direct debit and one loan company to deal with.
4. Lower and more affordable monthly repayments
Unsecured loans tend to be arranged over a term of between 2 and 7 years. In addition, credit cards carry minimum monthly repayments, which can be a high percentage of the outstanding balance.
All this means that you may have to make some quite significant payments to your existing debts on a monthly basis. By consolidating your debts with a secured homeowner loan you can take the total borrowing over a longer period. Whilst this may mean you pay more interest over the long term, your monthly repayments may be much lower and much more affordable to you.
5. Reduce temptation to overspend
Owning multiple credit cards can lead to temptation. With high credit limits, it is easy to overspend on credit cards and run up large bills.
If you consolidate your debts into one secured homeowner loan, it will allow you to close your card accounts and cut up your credit card. This may save you money but will also reduce the temptation for you to use the cards in future.
- UK Resident? The Pros and Cons of Completing an Application for a Personal Secured Homeowner Loan Online
- If You're Looking for a Debt Consolidation Loan, You Should Consider a Secured Homeowner Loan
- The Secret of Increasing the Value of Your House: the Addition of Extensions or a New Kitchen Funded Using Secured Home Extension Loans
- 5 Reasons Why Homeowner Loans Are a Great Low Interest Way to Borrow
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Clear Your Credit Card Debts with a Secured Homeowner Loan
- 4 Reasons Why a Secured Education Loan is the Perfect Consolidation Tool for Your College Student Loan
- 3 Reasons to Finance Your Career Development Using Medical Loans and Any Purpose Homeowner Secured Loans
- 6 Reasons a Secured Holiday Loan Is Perfect for Financing Your Trip of a Lifetime
- Homeowner Loan Calculator
- 5 Reasons You Need a Fixed Interest Rate Equity Home Loan
- 5 Things You Never Knew About a Self Cert Secured Homeowner Loan
- 5 Things You Never Knew About Adverse Credit Secured Homeowner Loans
- 8 Things You Should Know Before Financing Your Boat with a Homeowner Loan
- Get Rid of Your Debts with a Self Employed Secured Homeowner Loan
- Now You Can Get a Bad Credit Secured Homeowner Loan Whether You Have a CCJ, Default, IVA, Arrears, Repossession or Bankruptcy
- How Debt Consolidation by Homeowner Loans Can Eliminate the Need for Debt Advice and Debt Help
- Remortgaging and Secured Loans Can Help You Solve Your Debt Problems Once And For All
- Starting a New Business? How Secured Homeowner Loans for Business Development Can Help Your Company Take Off
- Looking to Renovate Your Bathroom or Kitchen? Get a Secured Home Renovation Loan
- Need a Loan to Pay for Your Wedding? 4 Ways a Secured Loan Can Help You Finance Your Marriage and Honeymoon
- Paying for Christmas Using a Secured Loan
- Buying a Holiday Home? Fulfil Your New Property Investment Dreams by Getting a Homeowner Loan or Remortgage Secured by a Low Interest Rate Loan
- Looking to Finance a Caravan or Motorhome? 4 Reasons to Consider a Secured Homeowner Loan
- Double Glazed Windows, Garden Landscaping, House Repair and New Furnishings Are Easier Than You Think with a Secured Home Improvement Loan
- How a Homeowner Secured Car Loan Can Help You Finance Your New Vehicle
- A Secured Homeowner Loan Can Help You Finance a New Truck, Van, Motorcycle, RV or SUV
- Looking to Remodel Your House? Get a New Kitchen or Bathroom with a Secured Home Remodelling Loan
- How a Secured Homeowner Loan Can Get You the Attic, Garage, Conservatory or Loft Conversion of Your Dreams
- Now You Can Travel and Cruise the World with a Secured Vacation Loan